Your LinkedIn Profile
LinkedIn is the go to social site for business. With over 200 million users accessing LinkedIn from around the world, including 97% of recruiters, maintaining a complete profile is crucial for those in the market for a new position. The content of your profile is important and making your profile accurate and descriptive will help you stand out. Below are some helpful tips to get your profile to work for you.
- Complete your profile. Fill in any missing information and add relevant dates, titles and skills. Write a solid, detailed headline that highlights what you bring to the table over the competition. Don’t forget to include your contact information.
- Include a photo. A good headshot with no distractions is appropriate.
- Make the most of your summary description on your profile. You have 2000 characters here to showcase yourself, make the most of it! Use effective keywords and phrases to highlight who you are, what you’re hoping to accomplish or what you’re working on now.
- Think you may be forgetting something? Perhaps there are keywords and phrases that are relevant to your industry that you’re not including. Check out the LinkedIn pages of your peers and read job descriptions for positions in your field to identify commonly used words and phrases. Use these descriptors in your summary. Make it easier for recruiters to locate you when searching!
- Include a link to your LinkedIn profile on your email signature. You’ve spent the time perfecting that page! Get the word out.
What we’re reading:
The 5 Biggest Job Search Mistakes…and How LinkedIn Can Help You Avoid Them