Investment Banking Associate, Power & Energy Infrastructure
Location: Kansas City, MO
Our client is an Investment Bank focused on advisory services to the Energy Infrastructure space with the following service offerings: Mergers & Acquisitions, Corporate Financial Planning, Capital Raising, Risk Management, and Research. They are looking for an experienced Investment Banker to join their team, ideally that has exposure to energy-related transactions. First year VPs that are committed to an investment banking career will also be considered. These responsibilities afford direct and active interaction with the senior executive management teams and ownership groups of their clients.
· Lead the execution of equity and debt capital raising, M&A, and support client coverage with some primary coverage responsibilities
· Perform financial valuation, discounted cash flow, pro forma merger, precedent transaction, and comparable companies analyses
· Prepare pitch books and live deal materials, including memoranda, confidential information memoranda, management presentations, and lender presentations
· Analyze detailed corporate and financial information, as well as conduct due diligence
· Develop client relationships through deal execution, pitching, and primary/support coverage
· Assisting in identifying appropriate investors and/or strategic and financial buyers
· Analyzing M&A market trends and writing related industry research
· Updating deal records in firmwide CRM (DealCloud)
· Provide guidance/oversight to analysts and interns
· Must have a willingness to take on additional projects and work outside of the scope of the job description
· At least two years of investment banking experience (M&A/Sell-Side) required. Buy-side experience preferred as well.
· Experience in an IB program with exposure to energy and power infrastructure strongly preferred
· Solid understanding of financial statements and financial modeling
· Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and Bloomberg
· Ability to manage a variety of transactions and projects simultaneously
· A critical thinker who can quickly evaluate and analyze companies and financial information
· Willing to relocate to Kansas City
· Four-year degree with outstanding academic record
· Self-starting team player who can excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, challenging work environment
If interested, please apply or contact Jordyn Pillatzke at [email protected] Qualified applicants will receive a response.