Channel Sales Manager
Metrus is seeking a Channel Sales Manager to develop and implement strategies for growing sales pipeline through Channels. This team member will be responsible for successfully supporting existing key accounts, as well as identifying new partnership opportunities needed to achieve internal targets. The Channel Sales Manager will report directly to the Director of Channel Sales.
Duties & Responsibilities
The individual’s responsibilities will include:
- Establishing productive, professional relationships with leadership team and key personnel in assigned partner accounts
- Coordinating the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations
- Meeting assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts
- Recruits and qualifies new partner prospects based on program guidelines
- Leading partner onboarding process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship
- Proactively assessing, clarifying, and validating partner needs on an ongoing basis
- Selling through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources
- Managing potential channel conflict with other firm sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement
- Conducting speaking events and other thought leadership opportunities promoting the Metrus services and partner program
Experience & Qualifications
Qualifications include a proven track record of successful channel sales and/or account management, preferably within the renewable energy, energy efficiency, storage or EV charging industries. The Channel Sales Manager is responsible for managing key relationships with our partners and is the primary point of contact for partners (externally and internally).
The successful individual will also need to demonstrate:
- Must have experience achieving sales targets and advancing company objectives
- 3+ years of experience in channel sales, account management, direct sales, consulting, or partnerships, in the energy efficiency or clean energy industry with increasing responsibility
- Ability to effectively communicate complex value propositions including strong command of financial concepts and ability to explain those concepts to others in a straight-forward effective manner
- Exceptional communications and strong interpersonal skills that can serve as a Metrus representative in a wide range of partner and customer discussions
- Ability to influence and lead indirectly (i.e., get things done by working effectively with other internal and external parties)
- Proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience using SaaS CRM tools to track activity and targets
- Bachelor’s degree required
Salary and Benefits
Salary for qualified candidates will be commensurate with their experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, stock option grants, 401k plan and an unlimited paid time off policy.
Metrus Energy (www.metrusenergy.com) is a full-service specialty finance company dedicated to making climate positive investments in the built environment. Metrus provides project development and financing services for energy efficiency, water efficiency, energy storage, electric vehicle charging infrastructure, and solar projects at commercial, industrial and institutional facilities. Through its comprehensive range of financing solutions, Metrus enables customers to treat energy and water efficiency as resources that improve their bottom line and enhance corporate sustainability. Metrus is a well-established leader in sustainable energy financing. The Metrus Sustainable Energy Services Agreement (SESA) has been utilized to finance numerous large-scale energy efficiency and clean energy upgrade projects throughout the United States. Metrus is a member of the Alliance to Save Energy and Women in Cleantech and Sustainability. Metrus was selected as a key financial partner under the U.S. Department of Energy and White House’s Better Buildings Challenge (BBC) program.