It is often said that a company is only as good as its employees. This is also why recruitment is one of the main pillars for a smoothly functioning and healthy working environment that fulfills its objectives.
Effective accounting recruitment agencies are more and more involved in the recruitment and selection process. As a candidate, here is what you need to know when you are involved in a selection process and working with a recruiter:
- Respond to any request immediately, even if your response is that you will require additional time to provide the requested information. Ignoring requests gives the impression that you are unreliable or not interested.
- If you are not interested in the offer, refuse politely. It is helpful (but not required) to explain your plans or needs.
- If, in the meantime, you have found another job, inform your recruiter! It is important that both parties are properly and timely informed.
- Everything you write in your resume must be real.
- Pay attention to social media platforms. When applying for a job, it is important to keep in mind that recruiters will seek to get as much information as possible about you. Do not post pictures from parties and do not use informal language, as these may influence hiring decisions.
- Try not to turn down a job proposal without explaining your concerns about it. A good recruiter always wants to find a job that can help you prove your skills and develop professionally.